Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Fav Skincare Products and Home Remedies!

                                        This Burts Bees Citrus Facial Scrub is my all time favorites.
This scrub is gentle enough to use everyday! It is amazing and a good exfoliator for the skin. It has never broke me out and it smells amazing. You can find this product at Target and some Wal Marts. I have nothing but good things to say about this product! 

The next skincare line I'm going to talk about is Dermologica Clean Start.
  I use this whole skincare line and love it! I start off my morning by cleansing my face with the Burts Bees Scrub, rinse and then I use the Clean Start Wash Off with my Clarisonic(which I will talk about next). After that I spray my face with the Clean Start All Over Clear. If I have any breakouts I use the Clean Start Hit the Spot spot treatment. Lastly I use either Clean Start Welcome Matte moisturizer or the Clean Start Brighten Up moisturizer.
At night time I apply all of the above, but instead of the moisturizers I apply the Clean Start Bed Time For Breakouts!
You can find this line at Ulta and cleanstart.dermolgica.com

I could not live with out my Clarisonic!
Clarisonic Sonic Skin Cleansing Systems use a patented sonic frequency of more than 300 movements per second to gently, yet thoroughly remove 6x more makeup and 2x more dirt and oil than cleansing with your hands alone. You can use any cleanser with this system, and when you push the on button it spins for one minute. Which is just enough time to scrub your face and neck. After using this the first time I noticed a difference. And all of my other face products seemed to absorb into the skin better! You can find this at Sephora and clarisonic.com

Next is a couple of DIY products that I use on my skin!

Moisturizing Scrub



Ingredients:
3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons of Honey
1/2 Cup Sugar

Mix all ingredients in a tuperware container. Can store this scrub in cabinet for 1 month.  The sugar exfoliates the skin, while the olive oil moisturizes the skin. Olive oil is non-comedogenic. The molecules in the oil are too big to get into pores, so it wont clog pores!  The honey is a natural anti-bacterial.  You can use this scrub 1-2 times a week at night.  Apply all over face after cleansing the skin. Scrub in circular motions, avoiding eye area. Rinse and apply moisturizer if needed for extra moisture.  

Acne/ Acne Scar Mask/ Spot treatment


Ingredients:
1/4 Teaspoons Cinnamon
1/4 Teaspoons Ground Nutmeg
1/2 Teaspoons Honey

Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Apply a test patch on your skin and make sure you don't have any irritations to these ingredients.  Wash face, then apply the mixture either to effected areas (spot treatment), or to entire face. Let it sit for 30 minutes, rinse off, and wash face agian.  You can use this mask 1-2 times a week.  The honey has natural anti-microbial properties, so it's really good for your skin. It can draw out impurities from your pores! Honey also can attract and retain moisture in your skin, and calms mild acne flare ups.  Cinnamon I a natural anti-imflammatory, which helps clam redness.  Ground nutmeg is also a anti-imflammatory, known  for reducing acne flare ups. It also helps reduce the appearance of acne scars!



No comments:

Post a Comment